Courtesy of my colleague David for the recipe and my neighbour for the rhubarb, I tried out a new recipe this weekend. Its very easy to make and super tasty too.
100g of butter
100g of caster sugar
4 egg yolks
250g of plain flour
1tsp of baking powder
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add one egg yolk at a time until its all mixed in together
3. Add the flour a litte at a time until its all mixed together and a smooth pastry is formed.
4. Roll out the pastry and place in a greased muffin tin. (Makes approx 18-20 small pies)
600g of uncooked rhubarb cut into small pieces
60g of corn flour
4 egg whites
200g caster sugar
1. Mix the chopped rhubarb with the cornflour.
2. Whisk the egg whites together until you can form soft peaks.
3. Gradually add the sugar into the egg whites.
4. Fold the rhubarb into the egg whites and sugar mix.
Place the meringue mixture into the pastry cases. Cook for 20mins at 170